July 8, 2014

What is Family?

I was thinking about how my whole world really revolves around Miss Emily. It made me think about mom and my sister.

I haven't written much about them or my childhood. I was never very happy. I wasn't abused or anything like that, but I never fit anywhere. Not at school or really at home. Mom raised us but she was always busty with work or whatever and I was left alone a lot.

Now she is moving away with her boyfriend. I feel like I should be sad or upset. But it doesn't seem to matter much to me. I haven't seen her much over the last few months. She's been busy and I have my own duties here.

It seemed like whenever I did see her Miss Emily protected me from her. Mom can be tough and she and her boyfriend treat me like a servant when they see me. That isn't unusual for me but there's a nastiness that hurts me.

I know it may be hard for people to understand but I am truly thankful to Miss Emily for stepping in when things get too harsh. It's strange that can I accept whatever she does to me but need her to protect me at other times.

I guess this is my family now. It seems natural and where I belong.

<curtsy>

1 comment:

  1. Of course you belong here, Danni. This is your family now.

    ReplyDelete