June 10, 2014

Not Always Easy

Getting used to all the changes that have occurred since I met Miss Emily is not always easy. Sometimes I can't believe that I have not fought them

I think the most difficult thing is the way people look at me in public. I think I expected people to stare and look at me like I was strange. But I never expected men to flirt with me. Not all men. It's only happened openly a couple times. I doubt I've ever blushed more.

The most recent time it happened was in the grocery store. An older man who was maybe in his 50s or 60s saw me reaching for an item on the top shelf. He came over and got it for me. That would have been sweet, but he had his arm around me and called me "sweetheart." I was embarrassed.

I only blushed harder when he asked if he could take me to lunch sometime. He told me how much he enjoyed being with "special girls." I could barely speak but stammered out that I was married.

I don't know what to think about the encounter. I know it was a compliment but I never thought of being with men really.

Miss Emily said I should get used to such attention.

<curtsy>

2 comments:

  1. You must be a sexy girl to draw such attention in a public place. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. But it's hard to see my self that way. :)

      Delete